Thursday 13 December 2007

Tablets and iPhone

I want an iPhone. Why? Because of the geek factor and the fact that there's a lot of potential in the little guy, however I am going to wait until the 2nd rev. I know a lot of new stuff can and will come via firmware, but I am pretty sure that the hardware is going to improve too. Also wouldn't it be neat if you could get attachments or other hardware to interface with it?

I know that Motorola, Nokia and pals have products that they want to compete with the iPhone, but I haven't seen any that I would consider... yet. That said, I think that Apple has done something that the cell phone industry needed. Opening their eyes to their true potential (revenue, technological, etc) and at the same time making the customers aware that there's much more to be expected in the future.

Now what does this have to do with tablets? Well, I think some interesting things are going to happen in this space. Rumors abound about Apple's "iTablet", "iText", iGuessAgain which would incorporate some of the iPhone's technology. Dell has finally entered the tablet market with a multitouch screen, and I'm sure there's going to be more to follow! Anyway, the whole point is that I'm excited that this technology is finally starting to come around. This coupled with Microsoft's Surface computing table and... well, what's a geek to do?

Buy...

-P

No comments: