Tuesday 11 September 2007

MythTV strikes again

Not everyone has heard of MythTV, however I am surprised how MOST geeks (and I mean it in the nicest way possible - I'm one of you) have.

For those that don't know what it is: MythTV is an Open Sourced application that with the correct hardware, will record TV shows. http://www.mythtv.org/

It's a really neat application that I have been keeping an eye on for a while now and I'm in the process of deploying an installation at home.

The main issue is hardware compatibility with Linux. The Linux TV team is doing a great job of getting hardware to be compatible and developing those drivers that aren't being made by the people that know the hardware the best... the hardware manufacturers.

However, I vow to get this box up and running soon and I'll post a screen capture for you.

-P

No comments: