Sunday 2 March 2008

Hex Hex and Hex Hex Next

I'm not the type that usually will play board games or card games, however a friend of mine introduced me to Hex Hex and Hex Hex Next, a game by Smirks and Daggers that once you learn the basics will having you wanting more.

So I bought Hex Hex Next while travelling and introduced it to a group of my friends. At first, they weren't sure what was going on, but after a few rounds they all agreed to make it a weekly event. Even my wife who is very hard to convince about things like this wanted to play it after that day.

In case you don't know the game, you basically have a hexagon (multiple actually) and cards. You start with one Hex and during play you have to divert the Hex using the cards that you have been given. The cards have basic "deflection" like Turn Aside Right, which basically makes the Hex go to the right. Once you run out of cards and you receive the Hex you are Hexed and lose 1 point (Voice.) The game gets interesting when you play cards like Madenning Compulsion Left which means that everyone has to play a card that makes the Hex go to the left, if they can't they're Hexed.

So, I think you get the idea. The rules are on the website above as well as a page with all the cards for you to look through them. I recommend this game! It's addictive and a lot of fun.

-P

No comments: