Wednesday, 15 October 2008

A few issues resolved with new drivers...

After struggling with some of the wifi networking issues on my MacBookPro in Ubuntu -- I had to use ndiswrapper -- I got an update today that seems to have fixed those issue.

Basically, I could connect to my WAP/WAP2 protected wifi network, but I'd have problems with the card not getting a DHCP address. I looked further into it and realized that my DHCP server wasn't actually receiving the request. I figured it was the wpa_supplicant application that wasn't working quite right. Well, all of a sudden it's all working right.

BTW -- Ubuntu showed those drivers as being the restricted drivers (not open source) -- but they actually work great.

-P
Post a Comment