Tuesday 26 May 2009

Geeks: Star Wars, Star Trek, Matrix, Firefly, oh why?

I'm a geek. I love technology and the possibilities that it opens. As a geek, I love movies that have tech theme. My wife doesn't understand why I (and other geeks) love watching these movies over and over. She doesn't understand what we find so fascinating. Well, let me try to explain.

Star Wars: Knights with swords, rescuing damsels in distress, fighting evil and a force that unites all living creatures. Oh, and everything wrapped with technology.

Star Trek: Explorers searching for things that will help better humanity, meeting creatures and beings. The adventure spirit at it's best.

Matrix: People obsessed with technology also tend to be people that don't like things to stand still. We don't usually believe in fate and think that we make our own luck, etc. If we can't control it, then maybe there's an external reason.

Firefly: Cowboys, guns and the old west but with spaceships.

Discuss.

-P

No comments: