Tuesday 26 May 2009

Dovecot migration error

We migrated IMAP servers at work and for some reason I was the only one that was affected by a small problem. I couldn't get my email! The error that would show in the maillog was:

dovecot: IMAP(user): FETCH for mailbox INBOX UID 176705 failed to read message input: Is a directory
dovecot: IMAP(user): Disconnected: BUG: Unknown internal error bytes=473/4475

After looking at several things I eventually saw that my cur directory had some subdirecties named like emails. They were empty, so I went ahead and deleted it and that fixed it!

Just thought I'd let other people know since it's one of those things that Googling didn't really give any answers. (Imagine that!)

-P

1 comment:

r6mdkQ9E1bTioNn said...

Thanks for the tip! I just stumbled upon this error myself. It results that I had created a directory inside the IMAP folder "cur", by hand, and dovecot didn't like it that much =S. Best wishes!